Here you will find the installation steps and command lines for installing quickly to the Windows operating system.
- To easily install Rust, you need to have or download Visual C++ Build Tools. When installing make sure Windows 10 SDK and the English language pack are selected. Here is the download link: https://visualstudio.microsoft.com/visual-cpp-build-tools/
- Install the rustup-init.exe from: https://www.rust-lang.org/tools/install
- You can check installation with rustc – -version command. If you see the version then it means you have successfully install Rust to your system.
- This section is the summary of https://doc.rust-lang.org/book/ch01-01-installation.html page. You can check the website for possible errors.
Below section explains how to install and use the Rust for embedded system (source: https://docs.rust-embedded.org/discovery/03-setup/index.html). Simply write the following commands to the command window.
- cargo install itm
- cargo install cargo-binutils
- rustup component add llvm-tools-preview
Download OpenOCD from this link: https://gnutoolchains.com/arm-eabi/openocd/. After downloading, extract the zip file to a location and add the /bin folder to your system path.
Download and install GNU Arm Embedded Toolchain from this link: https://developer.arm.com/tools-and-software/open-source-software/developer-tools/gnu-toolchain/gnu-rm/downloads
TO BE CONTINUED…